Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week Eight: The Guilt-free Diet









“I really enjoy this diet!”

My wife blurted out these singular words a few days back.

I decided to subject her to a mini-interview.  Here’s a little of what she had to say about our experiment in alternate-day dieting these past two months.

There’s no guilt!  If you go over on a “down day”, you get a brand new chance the day after tomorrow.  In between you get a day off – without penance – after which you can start fresh.

It’s self-correcting!  If you celebrate with dinner out on an “up day”, and feel like you’ve had a little too much to eat, you know you’ll climb right back onto the wagon the very next day.  It’s like New Year’s Day every other day.

There’s no drudgery!  You can always make it through that one day on the wagon.  And savour those special meals on the other days.

It’s fun to see it work!  Ten pounds off so far, and no suffering.  My wife tells me she hasn’t seen these numbers in years.  And she’s looking good!

Yes, we’re counting a success for both of us so far.  Eight weeks in, and we’re both almost 60% of the way to our final goals.  I pulled a couple pounds ahead of her in the early weeks, but she’s set to overtake me in the coming weeks if I don’t buckle down.  Let’s see if my new resolve not to “stock up” the night before can give me back the edge.


Resources:

No comments:

Post a Comment